Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Stats.

From the National Kidney and Urologic Diseases Information Clearinghouse:

8.1 million visits to the doctor are due to urinary tract infections (UTIs) each year.

The lifetime risk for a woman having a UTI: 50%.

20% of young women with a first UTI will get another one.

Men are less likely to have UTIs but they are more serious if they do occur.


Why am I sharing?  In January, I wrote about my experience with pyelonephritis (kidney infection).  Lucky for me, I was able to put my new found skills to good use when I developed a second infection a month later.  Yes, folks - that is two kidney infections in two months.  Don't be jealous.

It's been too long since my last post, but I'm trying to put my life back in order.

Stay tuned.  I'm nearly back to a fully functioning adult again.


REFERENCES

More info on UTIs and kidneys: http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/utiadult/

No comments:

Post a Comment