Sunday, December 23, 2012

End of the Year Fun, Part 1



                It’s the end of 2012.  For many reasons, I’m excited to bid adieu to this year.  2013 holds far more promise to me and I’m ready to get on with it.  With luck, I’ll begin a new era of my career, in addition to a few other personal goals.  It’s time to turn over a new leaf and begin again.  I think this is the first year I’ve ever longed for New Year’s Day.

                Let’s look at some fun things!

                Ondrej Pakan photographs the microscopic world.  His website (LINK) shows magnified snowflakes, butterflies and bugs, as well ethereal forests and landscapes.  You might think that bugs can’t look beautiful, but you’d be so mistaken. 






                I have to give a shout-out to “I fucking love science!” on Facebook.  The pictures posted on their wall are of a funny, important or quirky nature.  A lot of it is for those who work in science and know what in the world a Higgs Boson is (I only kinda know), but occasionally you stumble upon something truly cool, like the photographs of Ondrej Pakan!

                A stand-by favorite of mine is definitely PhDComics (Piled higer and deeper!).  I posted some last year and have a few more now!










                I also want to mention this tumblr site that everyone in graduate school already knows about, but in case you don’t, please tell your friends about its awesomeness: WhatShouldWeCallGradSchool


…while waiting for Part 2 of this post, please chuckle at this e-card with me:







No comments:

Post a Comment